Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Isaiah 45:7, 21

I form light and create darkness, i make well-being and create calamity, i am the Lord, who does all these things. Declare and present your case; let them take counsel together! Who told this long ago? Who declared it of old? Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no other god besides me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none besides me. ~ Isaiah 45:7, 21

The Lord gives and takes away. The Lord allows evil to happen for our good.
I am so tempted to complain about the outcome of the election, but i know this is what the Lords will is and what will ultimatly be best for this country.

Lord, help me to never forget this and to remember to pray for the country. Please let this be a means of bringing people to you! I know eventually people will forget, they'll forget the war (if they already haven't) they'll forget all the bad things that Obama will do while he's in office. We have already forgotten what these kinds of people can do, because this kind of thing has happened before. But right now Lord, while it is happening help people to see the flaws in their thinking. Father i also pray that you would help us, your children, and give us strength. Lord we might have rights taken away from us, we might be persecuted, but you use these things to bring people closer to you. And how sweet that will be Lord, when we draw closer to you in times of trial and need. I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: